There are many different types of contractors in the construction industry, from Construction Managers handling $100million projects using subcontractors, to General Contractors building houses or doing renovations. And there are subcontractors who specialize in one or two trades.
But they all have one thing in common – the need for accurate estimates..
Creations Construction Can help contractors reduce their risk, and give them more control over their costs.
SERVICES TO CONTRACTORS: For more detail see Scope of services
Pre-construction estimates, sometimes called conceptual estimates, are carried out before the drawings and documents are complete. They enable a contractor to make a proposal and get a project at an earlier stage, often without having to compete in a ‘hard bid’ situation. This requires a broad knowledge of construction techniques and of the type of problems likely with the particular building type and situation
Accurate estimating at all stages of the project is the key to winning jobs and making a profit
There are several situations where a contractor looks for outside help to improve his or her estimating:
- To increase estimating capabilities without hiring full time staff
- To obtain a higher level of expertise or a second opinion for a specific job
- To augment staff or expand capacity during periods of heavier load
- To expand the business or move into new areas of expertise
SCOPE OF SERVICES
- We perform quantity take-offs for all trades, including metric projects
- We do detailed estimating with labor, materials and overhead for general construction trades, especially demolition, concrete, masonry, carpentry, drywall, and specialties
- We do bidding for general contractors and construction managers, including verifying scope, soliciting subcontractor bids, assembling general conditions, and performing detailed estimates for certain items. We can work in a variety of computer formats including all common spreadsheet programs
- We do pre-construction estimating for Design/build and GMP (Guaranteed Maximum Price) proposals. Our overall expertise and knowledge of the construction industry as well as the intentions of designers allows us to be of special service in this area.
- We do scheduling for all phases, producing bar charts and CPM (Critical Path Method) Schedules. We can show you how to link progress payments to an approved schedule, too
- We estimate and negotiate change orders
- We help Disadvantaged Businesses (minority- and women- owned businesses) to grow